Thursday, May 14, 2015

Mother's Day weekend

For the first time since we've been back in Seattle and I've been back at Nordstrom, I did not have to work on Mother's Day weekend!  The past few years I've been feverishly writing holiday orders, but not this year :).  On Saturday we took advantage of the super nice weather (upper 70's) and did a day trip up to Deception Pass.

We had a little picnic near the beach and Logan collected flowers :) 

Logan got to play in the sand... yes not true sand at this beach, but for a boy who LOVES rocks this was his dream :) 


He even got to dip his toes in the water.  We tried this last summer at the Edmonds beach and he really didn't like it.  This time he thought it was a bit funnier! 


Then we took a little hike over and around the bridge.  For those of you who have never been to Deception Pass this bridge is extremely high with a very narrow walkway and cars whizzing past in both directions.  I get a bit nervous walking across, Logan thought it was pretty fun (partly cause he was in the backpack), Dakota thought she had died and gone to hell.  I basically had to drag her by her halter to get her across both ways!  

This is a view from the bridge! (I of course failed to take a pic of Logan going across...)

The hike was short but nice and it brought back memories of hiking from the other direction in 5th grade camp (then again as a counselor in high school)

Sadly Kendall and I were out of breath and sweating a the top... we need to get out and do this more often!  Here is a view from the top.  Unfortunately it was a bit hazy that day. 

Then Logan got to ride the ferry home!

On Mother's Day we went out to brunch at Azul up the street.  The nice thing about Logan getting up early on the weekends is that we can be at restaurants when the open for brunch and not have to wait :) 
We had a nice breakfast then did a quick run through the grocery store.  Logan loves this store cause there is a tractor out front and live crabs inside to see :)  This time he actually got to sit on the tractor!


He definitely had a carb overload that morning- cheerios for a snack while we got ready, pancakes for breakfast and then the deli lady offered him a cookie.  I assumed it would be a small free cookie... oh no, it was a huge full sized oatmeal raisin.  Logan was in heaven!

Later than night we went to dinner at my parents and got to celebrate Mother's Day with both sets of grandparents!  Logan is a pretty lucky kid!  And I'm so lucky to have such a great Mom and Mother-in-Law who are always around to help... A LOT!
While I joke about being a single mom right now with Kendall slaving away at the Police Academy, I really think being a mom is the best job and I wouldn't trade it for the world!  This kid amazes me every day!! 

And to Mom- I couldn't ask for a better example of how to be a mom!  Even though it might not have always seemed that way over the years ;)
























2 comments:

  1. Logan is an extremely lucky boy to have such incredible parents and grandparents! I'll remind him of that in about... 15 years or so :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have both sets of parents and Logan is so lucky to have you! Motherhood looks fabulous on you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete